Monday, June 17, 2013

More muscle, check!

The gym I belong to offers free health assessments with the nurse every 6-8 weeks, and I finally booked my appointment with the nurse.  Since the fall, I've put on 3 pounds of muscle and lost 2 pounds overall.  My body fat percentage has dropped 3.1%!  

Since I began training and running again last July, I've lost approximately 15 lbs (I didn't do an assessment when I first started so I don't have a full data summary of where I was). I feel better and my clothes fit better. 

In addition to any workout routine, nutrition plays a huge role in your results. A quick search will bring you a plethora of information on what to eat and what to avoid you can start here and here.  

For me, the added bonus of seeing results is also not being complacent about where I currently am. I like the challenge of figuring out what to do next to continue to build muscle and strength while keeping up endurance and avoiding injury going into the fall racing season.  My racing goals are always 1. Finish and 2. Don't lose any toenails but now that I've done a Half Marathon, I want to challenge myself to see how much faster I can become.

This summer I will be doing a lot of cross training in addition to runs to continue to build muscle and strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment