Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is it Spring Yet...

So I have not been running at all since we got back from WDW Marathon weekend, which normally wouldn't be a problem except I'm headed to Florida next week for the Princess Weekend Glass Slipper Challenge.  Part of me is freaking out a bit (the Type A, everything has to be in it's place and prepared for side of me)  another part of me says: it's a girls weekend with friends, just enjoy it and have fun.

I mean what's the worst that can happen, I get swept? In the grand scheme of things, that's not a huge deal.  Would I be happy about getting swept? No. But I would get over it. Every run and race (for me) is about discovering a little bit more about myself, so it's all just part of the journey.  Also, I stressed myself out about the Boston Half Marathon and not finishing in time for no good reason. I should know better.

The first week back after WDW Marathon Weekend I was so exhausted and my body needed a break. Since then, here in the Northeast it's been a non-stop snow-fest with school closings plus my husband has been traveling for work and Army. So my usual plan of running outside (all my usual paths are covered in snow and ice) or dropping kiddo off and going to the gym before work has been thrown out the window.
One of the many snow/ice storms we've had in the past month

So my plan for next weekend is as follows: run when I can, walk when I can't run.  Have fun!

In between all of this snow/ice/travel fun I found out I was selected to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador! Seriously I had to read the email several times to make sure I read it right. Being in the middle of a rut, this news was just the kick in the butt I needed to get back at it.  I'm excited about where this new adventure and connecting with others in the Sweat Pink community.  You're probably thinking I just buried the lead, but I like to end posts on a high note :).

How has your week been?

Got a little help from kiddo with my cross training (shoveling) today




2 comments:

  1. I'm headed to WDW for the GSC too and haven't been getting a lot of runs in because of the weather and an injury. I decided to just rest a while and just cross my fingers at PHM! Congrats to you for being selecting for SPA! Good luck at Disney next weekend. I'm sure you won't get swept:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we'll get to meet this weekend! This winter has been very rough, looking forward to warmer weather and a fun weekend :)

      Delete