Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend activities & a long run do-over

Yesterday, kiddo came with me to see the trainer where she watched me (but she had to make sure I was only an arms distance away) at first.   Slowly she started to become more interested in the equipment and what I was doing.  After we were done, she wanted to check out the equipment.
She really wanted to do the row...
Since I didn't get my long run in last weekend, today was my 10 mile run day.  As I was preparing to run, I was thinking a lot about the last 10 mile run I did last fall to prepare for the Princeton Half Marathon (which was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy).  That 10 mile run did not feel good at all, my right started to hurt at mile 6 and I miscalculated my route so when I finished my run, I had to walk a mile home.  Limping home is never a good time especially after a run that didn't feel good. Fast forward to this run.  I decided I was going to work on a couple of things: 1-not start out too fast 2-work on negative splits and 3-finish under 2 hours. This run felt a lot better than last year's run.  I was able to run without feeling like I needed to walk and my hip didn't hurt at all. So I checked my stats for this run against last year's run to see the difference:
10/06/12
Today!
So I managed to meet all my goals for this run!  I had enough energy at the end to push the pace to finish under 2 hours and I shaved over 12 minutes off last year's 10 mile training run.

How did your weekend run go?

No comments:

Post a Comment