Monday, July 22, 2013

One more race on the calendar...

I got into the B.A.A. Half Marathon!

Last Tuesday, my friend asked me if I wanted to run the Boston Half Marathon with her.  She's doing the B.A.A Distance Medley and already in for the half.  I get a rush thinking about the next race (and then on race day), so this seemed like an awesome idea.
I did have a moment's hesitation about it since I'm doing the Army Ten Miler the following weekend and briefly worried I would be over-extending myself. I decided to go for it and realized I can use these as training runs since I'm doing two half marathons 6 days apart (one on Sunday and the other on Saturday in November) and I need to train my body to get used to doing back-to-back races. Not to mention the 10K and Half Marathon in January and the Glass Slipper Challenge in February.
In order to think about training for all of this,  I had to get in.  She said it would sell out quickly, so I set a reminder for myself to try to register as soon as registration opened at 10.  At 10:07 I got the confirmation email that my registration had been received.  The race sold out at 10:12.  Later that afternoon it was confirmed, I was in! Wow.
Growing up in Upstate NY, Boston was the closest "big city" to us.  We spent a lot of weekend exploring there growing up and I have a lot of wonderful memories there.  I have a lot of friends that live there now, so it will be really nice to see the city from a runner's perspective and having good friends cheer me and 7,499 other runners on along the way. 82 days a counting...(better start getting my mileage up).

No comments:

Post a Comment