Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Activities

Weekends with a toddler means lots of errands and catching up on everything that didn't get done during the week.

Saturday:
We had scheduled a play date with friends for our girls which meant we would be leaving our doggie alone for a few hours, so I had to tire her out.  A 3 mile speed walk usually does the trick. I put my running clothes on and my daughter was game to sit in her stroller for our 'run'.

The route I took with the doggie and my daughter is one same one I usually run. When I'm walking, I try to take some photos, since my phone is in the armband when I'm running. 
One of the two bridges on the loop

By the end of the walk, I'm good and sweaty and the doggie is tired out.


Sleepy time for the boo bear.
And we're off to our play date and the doggie (and mommy) got some exercise.

Sunday:
I've been contemplating a 15K in a couple of weeks which means I need to get my mileage up. I met up with some ladies from a running group at a nearby park for a 5 mile run.  I'd been to the dog park here before, but I had not run the path. 

Park view
 It was really nice to run with a group of women, since last summer I was doing my long runs by myself. This summer my running partner and I are on different schedules so we can't always do our long runs together.  Knowing there's a group that gets together regularly is helpful when I need that extra push to get out there and get it done. One thing I love about summer runs is when I leave the house before everyone gets up, it's still light outside.

Path view
We weren't the only ones out there getting a run in at 6:30am.  By the time we were done, the park was starting to fill with people fishing, teams getting ready for street hockey and kids playing on the playground.  The added bonus of getting 5 miles in was I still had my whole day left to spend with the family feeling accomplished.

How do you juggle training & other commitments?

No comments:

Post a Comment